Thursday 12 April 2012

Egg Free Banana Cake

Finding new egg free recipes is always a pleasure for me. Our son has an egg allergy and being a cake lover myself of course the first thing that went through my head when we found out was… his never going to be able to have a cake from a bakery. A bit extreme I know, children normally grow out of allergies.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
This is a firm favourite in my house and I even use it some times if I’m making my children cake pops or practising designs.
 Ingredients:
3 ripe bananas
4oz sugar
1tsp baking powder
2oz melted butter
6oz self raising flour

Step 1. Mash the sugar and bananas together in a large bowl.
Step 2. Add the melted butter and stir in.
Step 3. Add the flour and baking powder.  
Step 4. Pour into a cake tin or individual paper cases.
Step 5. Bake in pre heated oven on 180 for about 20mins.

Tip. If your bananas are rather large just use two.


Give it a go and let us know what you think.


No comments:

Post a Comment